Quote Originally Posted by CAPTBEACH View Post
That Stiller is a hell of an action...BEFORE you pull the trigger on that Stiller (pun intended) make sure you can get the barrel re-threaded to small shank 1 1/16th -16tpi (REMINGTON) the reason I state that is there is only a few thousandths difference between Savage large and small shank...the thread pitch is the same at 20tpi so there may not be enough meat there to remove to re-thread it to 16tpi follow me? YOur smith may tell you he cant do it UNLESS he cuts the barrel, re-chambers it and then cuts new threads...Also I don't think the Stiller uses a barrel nut like the Shilen does...you'll need a smith to remove the barrel and head space it on every barrel change...This would not be an issue with the Shilen RBLP action...it might with the Stiller...
Ok...you just ruined my day...LOL. I looked at their site and I gathered that the predator uses a pinned 3/16 recoil lug. That in itself made me assume the barrel swap will go like I would do it on my criterion barrel and savage target action. Shilen is not telling me on their site any specs.