I did the modification you described. About six months ago, Boyds came out with a (lamintaed) Tacticool stock for the Savage 11. This stock only supports a blind magazine. You are right - you can build a blind magazine from your old DBM system with the addition of a magazine retainer that you can obtain from Savage. Check out the instructions on Stocky's Stocks website. I had to do some inletting to get the Model 11 trigger guard to fit the Boyds stock. I had to remove material so that the tab for the bolt release could travel freely. I also had to deepen the existing inlet so that the tab would mate with the bolt release lever on the trigger housing. I used a forstner bit chucked into a drill press. It wasn't real pretty, but I plan to go back and clean it up. It seems it would be straightforward for Boyd's to set up their CNC machines to make these cuts. Hopefully, they will offer this soon.

Savage makes a metal version of the Model 11 trigger guard. I haven't invested in that part yet. You can call Savage customer service and have them send this to you. I believe the inlet dimensions are a bit different from the plastic version.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotolds442 View Post
Missed that.....