I would to thank you Sharpshooter, first for all for posting all the data you have presented in this thread and second for being civil while doing it. In the previous thread it wasn't the fact you felt the idea was a problem that bothered me because it didn't, Greg even voiced the same concerns before you did. Had you raised the concerns, as Greg did, in a manner that didn't involve name calling I don't think I would have had one single issue. It was that fact it went from being civil among all those posting to a name calling diatribe after you opened the door for everyone to follow suit. It was just a bit disheartening to see someone, that people do admire, resort to tactics that most people despise. Before the name calling began there were concerns brought up that I acknowledged and that people were discussing. Perhaps a new idea, you could be benefitting from now, could have been brought to light had it not spiraled out of control the way it did. I hope you realize the outcome would have been the same, regardless of whether the name calling was introduced there or not. I do accept your apology.

I am sure you spoke to Greg the second he got "that part", I know you seen it after it was posted in the moderators section. So hopefully he also let you know to that safety was my concern above all else. This is why I didn't post pictures for the less experienced shooters to duplicate if there was a concern. Every email I sent out prior mentioned safety and the second I realized there was a problem I contacted everybody, by email, PM, by phone and then by registered mail, letting them know to stop using "the part" for safety reasons. And despite what was implied in the other thread there only 8 people got them, your staff included, and not everyone as some seem to believe. In retrospect, yes reducing spring pressure was the wrong way to achieve a light bolt lift. And during the whole exchange I was honest and open by posting everything I did but above all else I felt I was civil.

Despite what you may think I do not have anything against you, your staff, or this site. Too many gun people are tired of dealing with all the hassles and just stepping away from anything firearms related. I see it all the time, both locally and across the nation. You provide a service people want as well as a place to discuss and I appreciate both. I am not trying to replace anything you sell or do and I even let people know that there is nothing that can replace a quality T&T. For all those who have the new actions, with the cocking indicator bolts, the thrust bearing is reducing the bolt lift from stock. Albeit by a small amount, 5%, it is still a reduction. Considering that they are unable to use the single ball bearing method the thrust bearing seems to be a viable alternative for those who can't afford a T&T. Perhaps by finding a way to use less ball bearings in your design you can reduce that amount further for the cocking indicator guys.

Again, I appreciate all the information you have provided. It is the data that proves the ball bearing method you championed is better than my idea. I am not sore or upset because my intent was never to show anyone up or try to sell something. It was just to provide people with an idea and perhaps that could get their creative juices flowing to come up with the next great idea that will make things better for everyone.

I am glad this has gotten you more business as well. You mentioned before that every time there is some sort of turmoil involving you or something on your site your sales go up. I am glad to see this has done the same as well because I will be the first to wish you and your family all the best, both personally and professionally.

Dolomite