Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
I think you have overlooked the most important part. That older bolt head probably has burrs in the extractor "T" slot. If the extractor does not slide easily with no spring, it will be even worse under tension. Check it with a case out of the action. The extractor should snap over a case rim by pushing it straight in without great effort. In some cases, when using the .140" ball, the spring is compressed too much and it puts excessive pressure on the ball, causing the extractor to bind. In this case, I grind about .025" off the spring.
Extractor slides fine, no problems there. I'll take the bolt out and try the tip you provided when I get a chance...Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach2 View Post
Why not just go back to the original ball?
I ordered a factory Extractor and Ball. However, I went to check the status today, and it never went through. I forgot my bank has a block on charges to certain states, and the company I ordered from is in one of these blocked states. Have to give it another whril tomorrow. Be my luck, the stuff will be out of stock now or on back order...LOL