Since you mentioned the Weaver Super Slam, I'll be the first to say that I love mine. If these scopes were marketed a little better, and maybe had a better name, I think they'd be tremendously popular. For a mid-range hunting scope, you'd be hard pressed to do better, especially if you catch them on one of the frequent sales that Natchez runs. I like the pop-up, resettable turrets a lot. Also the wide magnification range, and the EBX reticle works great with my .308 out to farther than I'll ever shoot at a deer. Lotsa fun at the range shooting steel at distance though. One complaint- they don't come with any scope covers. IMHO, a scope in this price range should come with a good set of bikini covers at least. I use the covers from a Burris that I have and they fit perfectly. Edge clarity could be a little better, but that could easily be due to my crappy eyesight too. That's really my only gripe though; otherwise excellent. I've used Leupolds, Burris, Bushnell, and various others, and this is the only one that will go on any future hunting rifle builds for me.
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...eticle%20Matte

A real-world view, albeit taken with a cell phone, on a rainy dreary day. The picture really doesn't do the scope justice as far as resolution though. I posted it more so you could get a realistic idea of the reticle on an animal, in this case a deer of about 60-70#, at about 80 yards on 15X. The deer is still with us, BTW. I'll visit him again in a few years hopefully. :-)