Quote Originally Posted by defoxer View Post
Thats like saying you dont need to learn to drive manual because everyone drives auto today, but when your in the drivers seat and there's a funny looking shifter that doesnt have P-R-N-D markings....

Each to their own, but i think its important to actually learn how your rifle shoots instead of blindly following tech... estimating the range, using visual cues, actually thinking about the trajectory with your rifle/scope combination....

Or just rely on tech, electronics and hope it all works and comes together when theres a nicely sized Sambar thats come into range... oh he'll wait for you to read the range, maybe a wind reading too, enter into your iphone app, set the clicks....look through the scope...
Lol!
I agree that is good to know all the principles ! But in the heat of shooting an animal... I wont be making those calculations! I know what 200 yards looks like and 250, 300 etc! And i have a crosshairs for each one! The mins that somebody takes to realize that they need to shoot at 375 and click click click there turrets ... I put my bdc on target and boom! I know how to calculate! Like i know doing math but i rather use a calculator if i need a accurate number on the spot on a long calculation... Thats just me... Shoot ducks! That will give you a different perspective on calculating! You react! Aim! And shoot! Your skills will make you shoot ahead etc... Not saying your way is wrong... AT ALL! It is actually more accurate than mine perhaps! But technology is there to help... Just sayin