The thing is you have thousands of people buying extra ammunition that they wouldn't normally buy they see something and buy it weather they need it or not. I have manage to buy what I need when I need it. Having said that I do not shoot 1000's of rounds per year. Those who are stock piling will eventually get left holding ammunition they don't want or need. This is what happened with Ar's for a while I had friends picking them up in like new condition for a prayer. There has been a large influx of new shooter to add to the shortages who are doing a lot of shooting. Many of those will eventually cut back in the amount of shooting that they do. Its like every thing else new, many will go like crazy when it is new to them but start to loose interest. Prices are another thing they might come back down a little, but because the dollar is so weak we are probably stuck. As far as those price gouging all you can do is what I do if I am needing something. Have everything set up for quick searches and keep after it every chance you get and beat those doing the price gouging .