Ron:
Depends on what you call "par". If the accuracy isn't there, it makes no difference how fast or slow the bullet is going.
Not a thing wrong with you wanting to know what speed you're getting.

I prefer to keep my loads at a mid range level for longer brass and barrel life. And with a mid range load, I have a little "wiggle room" when it comes to a temperture change.
You load for high speed at 70* and the accuracy is good. The temperature jumps to 100*, you can't hit squat with that load besides having blown primers and having to beat the bolt open. There's a fine line when building loads.
I'am limited to 100 yards for target shooting so knownig FPS of my rounds isn't a priority. I know I'am not overworking my brass. Got BR brass with 25 to 30 reloads and it's still going strong.
Now if I was in a position to be shooting a longer distance (for accuracy) I might be more concerned about the bullet drop over that distance.
On one of my rigs (6.8 SPC) I can shoot a clover leaf at 100 yards and without making any scope adjustments, with a little "holdover" I can hit steel out to 440+ yards. Got a couple of smaller calibers that will do the same. That's good enough for me.
Maybe not good enough for the next guy so we all have to do what we feel comfortable with.
My Chrony hasn't been out of the bag in years. Still works but not a priority for me.
Good thing we don't all think the same or it would be a "very dull world".
Mike.