Quote Originally Posted by fgw_in_fla View Post
Don't forget...
I lived my first 24 years or so in NY (Long Island). The blizzard of '78 helped me make the decision to move a little further south. Although I sympathize with your plight I still find it a bit amusing. The fact that you're freezing your garbanzos off & can't work due to inclement weather really does bring back memories. Not exactly FOND memories, but memories nonetheless.
Will it help if I box up a few pounds of warm air & sunshine to send you? You could have the family gather 'round when you open it and maybe get a little tan....
I'm still there. My wife, daughter, and I were recently reminiscing about that blizzard. The daughter was 2 months old at the time when there were no cell phones and no one had heard from husband/father for something like 10 hours because I was stuck on the Long Island Expressway where I eventually abandoned my car in the middle of the roadway. I did make it home when a chap on Rt. 110 in a VW Beattle picked me up and got me close enough to where I could walk home. Desperately want to move to Fla....wife won't hear of it. At least I've got a decent snow blower now.