Quote Originally Posted by n4ue View Post
Nice close fit.
FWIW, I have some EGW one piece bases and they are great. Weaver makes one also that is about the same height as their 2 piece bases (nice and low).
No problem with either. I recently switched all my bases over to one piece. Why?
'cause I am a die hard tinkerer and have a bunch of spare scopes. This lets me swap them around without messing with the rings.ron

Great idea! I ended up getting a second scope- a SWFA 12x42, and I KNOW that I'll want to switch them around, not only on the rimfire rifles, but on the centerfires too. I wasn't much of a tinkerer...until I fell head over heels with Savages. I' ve got a Nikon Bushmaster 4.5-14x40 on my 110 LA .223; a Bushmaster 6-18x40 on my Hog Hunter .308; a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire BDC 150 on my MKII (bought a Mueller 3-18x42 to replace that- wanted more power and a fine crosshair) and for my new 93R17 TR the SWFA 12x42. In the end, who knows what will end up on what gun. Lots of fun swappin' and shootin' in the meantime! "Happy Happy Happy"!

Here's what mine looks like with a 3X9-42 Scope.

-Chris

HOO-HAA! Thats what I call close! Any closer and you'd have a "lands and grooves" border around your sight picture. VERY cool!

Brian