Rosco, you'll be OK. The bbl is already free floated, so cross that off your list.
My 7-08 loves 110 gr Speer TNT Varmint bullets as well as 139 gr Hornady Spire points. I have a large quantity of the Hornady 139 gr and 154 gr Spire points. I used to shoot a lot of IHMSA with a Remington XP-100 rechambered from 7 BR to 7-08. Needless to say, it was overkill and probably contributed to severe joint problems in my right wrist! ha ha

So, I bought a couple of 7-08 rifles in 7-08, since I had a large stock of brass, bullets, powder, dies, etc. None of my 7-08s has ever fired a factory load. FWIW.
I have targets of the Axis results hanging in my reloading room. Both loads shot 3 rounds into the ragged same hole. Just lucky, I guess. I'd post he pix here, but haven't because people wouldn't believe them, anyway. Yes, at 100 yards. I have put some $ into Rem Model 700s and Ruger heavy bbl models and the Savage Axis will shoot just as well. Just don't plan on a lot of rapid fire, but then, a 7-08 would NOT be fun in a prairie dog town!
PM me, and I'll be glad to send you the pix and load data......

ron