Hello,
I am a longtime shooter and hunter that in the last 10-15 years have strictly bowhunted, with one or two muzzleloading hunts thrown in. My first centerfire wasa 111 Savage in .243 and have just got back into the game with a weatherwarrior in .300 Win Mag. Awesome rifle and more accurate then I will ever bewith 180gr Federal Barnes X (not the new polymer tip XLR) load.
Since I do all of my elk and bear hunting with a bow, this rifle will be formulies, Coues, and maybe antelope if I decide to put my bow down for a season. I am looking to shoot it with the Hornaday superformance 150 loads if I can find any still around. I hope the rifle is close to as accurate with that load. I do have a question concerning this rifle though; with a gun as accurate asthis one is, a real life 1/2 MOA rifle with certain loads, do I dare mess withit at all? I would love to at a minimum have the stocked dipped and lighten upthe trigger a bit as it has the accutrigger but nervous about doing anything tothis rifle as it shoots so well. A nice cerakote would look great, but a big voice in my head says don't even touch it. What do you guys think?