JB is soooo correct in his post. Being here in Florida, there are always a bunch of Flea Markets on any given weekend. These 'hoarder' folks are waiting for the local Wal Mart to put out .22 in the AM. They buy as much as they can (usually 3 boxes) but they have their wife and kids buy some also. They immediately run to the closest flea mkt and flip it.
Free enterprise or out and out greed?

I bought a lot of .22 years ago for my wife to shoot IHMSA. Still have it and it will last the rest of my shootin' days......

BTW, I was at the LGS today to pick up some 6.5mm bullets. The Owner's son took call after call of people looking for .22. One caller got abusive with him when he POLITELY replied:

"No sir, I have no idea when we will get a shipment. We have a standing order with our supplier and we don't know when it will show up. And no, I can't 'save' you any".

Evidently the caller cussed him out and hung up on him.
I wasn't really surprised. This 'shortage' is bringing out the worse in people and I have a feeling things are going to get a LOT worse. Not talking about just the ammo situation. I sure hope not!

ron