As for the 22LR ammunition situation, I feel for those of you who are having difficulty finding any as we're all in the same boat. I just happened to buy three bricks (1,500rds) the summer before the Newtown tragedy so I'm not desperate for ammo, but I am rather hesitant to go shoot off what I have not knowing if/when I'll be able to get more. That said however, don't be complaining or crying foul simply because some of us thought ahead and stocked up before the madness or stocked up when it became available after the madness started. You know darn well that if you walked into your LGS or Walmart tomorrow and they had pallets of cases of 22LR sitting there at regular $40/brick pricing you'd be walking out the door with as much as you could afford to, so don't flame anyone else for doing the same.

The problem isn't the shooters who are buying it for their own personal use, it's the profiteers who are buying it all up to resell at gun shows or online for a nice profit. Those are the people camping out at the Walmart, Cabela's and BPS stores every morning across the country. Those are the ones stripping your LGS's shelves clean as soon as they get a shipment in. It's also the fault of these chains and/or the local shop owners who are letting these people do this knowing full well they're buying it simply to resell at a profit. Any shop or chain store that doesn't have a 2 box limit in place is contributing to the problem, so give them a bunch of crap if you don't see a sign up.