Quote Originally Posted by jpdown View Post
No. There is a standard Accutrigger spring that will allow you to adjust trigger pull down to around 2.5 lbs in my experience. There is a varmint Accutrigger spring that allows you to adjust down to around 1.5 lbs. Finally, there is the target Accutrigger spring that is used only with target action. The target Accutrigger (red blade) sear design, and not just the spring is what allows it to be adjusted much lower than possible with standard or varmint Accutrigger springs.
Quote Originally Posted by CAPTBEACH View Post
So...let me see if I understand this...is this the same 1.5 lb trigger spring that comes on red blade PTA actions? If so I could take a regular Accu-Trigger action, replace the spring with a 1.5 lb spring and essentially have a PTA trigger without the red blade..am I correct?
Capt beach you are correct, the red blade target accu-trigger uses the same silver spring that is used in the varmint accutrigger. There is no third spring. The target accu-trigger gets is light weight from the sear, (That has a different angle to the engagement surface.) which is IDed with a little dimple by the bolt releases. Now the blade spring that controls the safety engagement blade in the middle of the accutrigger has a different spring. To further answer your now placing the silver spring into your accu-trigger will not make it a target accutrigger, you need the special sear, that has a different engagement angle on it.

On a side note, I don't know why people keep dragging up old threads that are over half a year old. This thread was dead and was moving on to 7 months old until it was dragged up yesterday.