I've happened to notice a lot of people mentioning the Hornady brand here, mostly just the projectile itself it seems. Now, I know many of you reload yourselves so I doubt you have any issues, at all.

BUT!
In my very own meager, personal experience, factory Hornady ammo is JUNK! ABSOLUTE JUNK! Especially the "Critical Defense" rounds. Several FTFs in my Ruger SR40, out of a box of 20, only 14 hit the paper/steel. Another account was when I took my CCDW class. A woman had a Taurus .25cal pistol (can't remember model) and she too, had "Critical Defense" rounds to test with and had barely gotten the required 11 rounds on target with all the FTFs from that ammo. We threw her "blanks" in the pond behind us for fear they would magically ignite laying on the range. Shame on you Hornady! Lower your prices or amp up QC!
Thank Jesus for plain 'ol Winchester White Box 180gr JHPs for my 5 headshots and 15 body shots to pass my test. No way would I have bought the Hornady CDs for my test... Or self defense for that matter. They're critical alright, critically endangering to your own life if you wish to keep it!

Now this is all just my own experience and opinion. Maybe someone else has had zero problems, maybe you've experienced it too. But I'll keep buying 50rnd boxes of Win White Box JHPs at WallyWorld for $21 all day!