I also have to go with the neck sizing theory, as being the way to go, in my rifle and handguns (bottleneck ctgs) I own. Now, having read everything I could find over the years of the different reloading practices, the theories of neck turning versus accuracy 'improvement' is one that still has me up in the air.
OK, I do not own BR quality rifles where the neck turning 'might' show improvement. However, I do have a half dozen "varmint" rifles that I have developed loads for. I have the tools to neck turn and inside neck ream. As many, many magazine articles have shown, I have not seen any improvement. However, when a 'factory' rifle (with a tuned trigger) and selected loads can shoot .2s and .3s at 100 yds, does it matter??

Lastly. David Tubb knows his 'stuff'. In spite of this fact (!!!!) I have never been able to get ONE person to discuss the aspect of HBN coating either their bullets or their bore. I do my own coatings. HBN, WS2, Moly, Moly with wax, etc.....
I do mostly HBN now, and out of the box, my rifles (most all mfg) will shoot groups that most folks can't believe....I refuse to shoot uncoated bullets. It's a simple process. Tubb uses it. Case closed. Or, as the Pres would say, "PERIOD"... ha ha
Why do people deny physics???? I don't understand, and really don't care. My bores stay virgin and clean so easy it's hard to believe. For many years I scrubbed bores trying to get the 'copper' out, using every chemical known to man. Now, it's NOT an issue... Yeah, you 'might' lose 50 fps. Just increase the powder a bit. You DO have a chronograph, right????

ron