Well, no not really. I don't care if you use a bronze brush or nylon. I like a nylon brush personally as they last a long time and don't break down like bronze. Hoppes is not a product I use at all. I use Boretech Eliminator. I also like Wipe Out and Wipe Accelorator.

Boretech Eliminator and Boretech Carbon remover are wonderful products that work very well and I have switched to those almost exclusively. I bore scope my barrels to check land wear etc. I also look for carbon donuts and copper build up. On stock savage barrels copper builds up due to the micro groves and it takes a bit of work to really clean the barrels well.

Barnes CR 10 is a good product to use to test and see if you have all the copper out. 1 wipe down the barrel and let it sit for a min or two and you will know if you are done or not.

My process for complete copper stripping:
boretech carbon remover- run a 2 saturated patches thru. Sit for a few min. 1 wet patch. nylon brush for about 20 strokes. Repeat until carbon is gone.
boretch eliminator- 2 saturated patches. Sit for 5 min. 1 wet patch patch. Brush for 20 strokes. Repeat, but I let the boretech sit and work on the copper for 15 min to 30 min, for the first few tries and a lot of times I let it sit over night.