Thomae,
Every manufacturer of flooring will make a transition strip to transition to just about anything. T molding molding is generally used to transition from one hard surface to another (ie wood to ceramic tile). I would recommend a bullnose transition in the same material as your flooring. You can glue the bullnose onto the top of your floor at the edge. This part is usually 1/8" thick by 1/2" wide. It will float with your floor. Do not glue an edge of a floating floor to the subfloor. The carpet side will just get a standard concrete tack strip. The front or carpet side of the bullnose is about 1/2". Your carpet will tuck down into the 3/8" space between the bullnose and tack strip. Be sure to bend over the tacks after the carpet has been tucked and stretched. You run the stair tool flat over them or just use a hammer and lightly knock them flat and forward. Got it? Easy peesy! Btw it was my trade for 12 years. Let me know if you have any questions. Pm me your email and I'll send you a pic if you want.