Liquid,

Your experience sounds a little like mine. My rifle shot very low when I was sighting it in, but the Leupold I was using had enough adjustment to zero the rifle. I was already using Burris Signature Zee rings, so I used the inserts to correct the rifle's point of aim. I realized early on the stock was too flimsy for a bipod. So, I shoot off a tackdriver bag with the rifle pushed all the way up until the trigger guard hits the bag. That way, there is little pressure on the end of the stock.

Last month, I went for broke and cut out all the ribbing out of the front of the stock using diagonal pliers and needle nose pliers. I then mixed up some JB Weld epoxy and filled in the hollow spot. I read somewhere that epoxy does not like to stick to plastic and that super glue will make it bond to the plastic. So, once I got all the ribbing cut out, I roughed up the interior with my Dremel and then applied super glue to the interior of the stock and let that dry overnight. I have no idea if that was necessary or not, but I did it anyway. I also cut up some nylon string in very small pieces and mixed it in with my epoxy. I figured that might help strengthen it. To avoid having all the little string pieces sticking up in the barrel channel, I covered it over with some JB Weld without the string added. The difference was night and day. The stock feels completely different and is rock solid. I also had to sand a little off one side of the stock since the barrel was touching just a little. That may be something you want to try before spending a bunch of money on an aftermarket stock.