Thread: Do I have a Go - NO GO Issue ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Wlleven

Where in CA do you live?

I live on the Central Coast, just north of San Luis Obispo, but will be in the Oxnard area for the next few days.

I agree with these guys, condemning your go gauge based on "brass" fit is not the most reliable thing.

First off, make sure the gauges are clearly marked for the cartridge you have, and that the barrel is clearly marked for the same cartridge.
    I believe you said 6.5 Grendel?

Look up SAAMI drawings on the case and compare that you your brass, AND gauges. This is one of the reason I am SOOOO against guys preaching on here that tape on a cartridge case can be used as a no go gauge. It is entirely possible your gauges are off, but highly unlikely.

I once ordered a 2" fire hydrant water valve for my hydrant at my house. It was too big, but when I tried it on 2 1/2" pipe it was too small. A call to the company got them checking and they had a whole shipment (hundreds) of them like that. It did not fit any known metric size either. Point is it CAN happen, but you need to make sure. You need to have someone else double check your theory BEFORE ever chambering or firing a live round.
    Last edited by handirifle; 12-07-2013 at 11:52 PM.