Took barrel to work and tried the go, no go gauges again and everything was fine ....then started taking some measurements. OAL case length, body diameter, rim thickness etc, etc were fine. (basic stuff that really did not pertain to head space, but wanted to check it anyway).

HOWEVER .. the base to shoulder and base to neck were off by .015 or so ....... The die was off according to my measurements based on 6.5 Grendel cartridge specs.

I went and loosened the barrel and then put a new Lapua case in and started to tighten the barrel down, It went ~ 1/4 of a turn more than the go gauge did !

I lightly yet firmly tightened the action with a new case chambered in the barrel, tightened the barrel nut hand tight while holding the action so it did not move, and then tightened her down with slap of a wooden mallet.

The cases now ejects perfectly ..... and yes NOW the GO gauge does not fit, it acts like a NO GO gauge !!!!

Yes, .004 of scotch tape on the case head, and it is a no go !, I think we are good.

Sharpshooter ... You were right ! the gauges were wrong ... IMHO !!

Lesson learned ... If something is not feeling right, don't let it go and don't just trust that it will work, check and recheck.

If I would have let this go just because the gauges told me it was Ok ... who knows what would have happened.

Anybody want two 6.5 Grendel NO GO Gauges of different dimensions .. LOL, LOL, LOL

Thanks for all you input and support guys ...

wll