I just picked up a 11 VT in .308 at Dicks. I opened a DSG credit card to get an additional 10% off, and also used a rebate check I got from all my ammo purchases. I ended up getting the rifle for $478.00 out the door - tax, background check fee, everything. What a deal. The rifle is heavy but I intend to use it as a bench gun at the local range - so heavy is a plus. I compared the Savage barrel to my Ruger M77 VT .223 (Stainless bolt action with heavy barrel), and Ruger M77 VT .308 (older tang safety bolt action heavy barrel). The Savage 11 VT was clearly a heavier profile barrel than both those rifles. The finish on the savage looks good and even. The accutrigger is great out of the box, and needs no adjustment. I am going to swap out the scope it comes with for a Sightron SIII I have sitting in my safe. The stock that comes with it actually is kind of ok - it has a good recoil pad, nice shape, and two sling swivel studs. However, I will probably end up replacing it for something stiffer that won't flex with a bipod or in sandbags. So far I am feeling pretty good about this purchase.