SAVAGE RIFLEMEN ASSISTANCE REQUESTED

I bought a PC10 thinking it to be my all-purpose goto rifle after selling the M1A and shelving the FN. I wanted a chassis that delivered results but "appeared" less militaristic or martial. My end goal is to build a "sleeper", a rifle that looks like crap, but is a dead ringer in the hands of an American Rifleman.

I am second owner of #813045 which had barely been used, still in the box, and was shocked that after shooting 12 rounds of NATO surplus the extractor, ball, and spring were lost in the weeds and my supposedly vaunted PC10 was few steps above a muzzle loader. A little discouraging.

Q#1- Should I, can I expect my savage to be as rugged as the FN, eating up whatever can be found to feed it?

I called Savage, they sent me new parts free of charge. She gasped when I told her I put NATO surplus in pipe, and then the uninformed woman on the phone told me NATO ball was higher pressure than .308. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5154413AAqrYDu

Q#2- does the dimensions of the .308 vs 7.62 x 51 create the pressures referred to by the Savage rep?

Then I get an Email back from Savage saying the ejector was also at risk to NATO ball ammo. The ejctor seems to be ok, not sure really since I don't have the new extractor.

Q#3- Can I or should I expect my savage to be a battle rifle if required, or is it less than such? A powderpuff, benchrest, safe queen?

I haven't give up hope yet. I have the .14 steel ball coming in the mail as recommended here. What about a new stiffer extractor spring or increasing the tension of the spring?

Thanks to Savage Riflemen who resopond in advance. lb