Thank you very much for the replies! I was not expecting so many in that little of time.

I have not shot the rifle yet. I have several loads in mind, in which I calculated 30-40 MOA to reach out there. Like I said I am new to all of this, and would like to make a one time purchase on a scope. Regardless of which load I choose, I want to know that my scope is capable of reaching out there, and then can still be turned down to hold a zero at 100. I would hate to spend $800 dollars and when I am ready to try and reach out there, my scope is not capable. I plan on shooting little critters and paper.

Knowing that I need roughly 40 MOA, I need a scope with 80 MOA of adjustments on a 0 MOA base, a 60 MOA with 10 MOA bases, or a 40 MOA with 20 MOA bases. I just looked at the Sightron SIIB SS 6.5x20x50D, it has 1/4 MOA adjustments. I see this a lot in the higher power scopes. Is having 1/4 MOA vs 1/8 MOA adjustments that big of a deal? Do you recommend one over another? If using 1/4 MOA adjustments is fine, I will have a lot more options in purchasing a scope within my budget.

Also, I prefer a variable power vs a fixed.

Thank you again for all of your comments. I know that I might be over analyzing this scope purchase.