Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
I hope you are not insulted by these questions. Has anything else changed like ammo? What weight bullet are you shooting? What is your cleaning regiment? What kind of cleaning rod do you use. How do you remove copper? Have you had the action out of the stock?
I use a good copper solvent like Sweets and a Dewey cleaning rod. I push from the chamber forward without dragging the residue back through the barrel or chamber.I run the brush (bronze) 30 or so times, then follow through with patches on the jag.
Ammunition, well I've tried everything from Federal Gold Metal Match, Remington, Winchester and Hornady. Bullets have ranged from 150grn, 142, 147 and 173.
Yes I've had the rifle out of the stock one time to adjust the trigger. I didnt use a toque wrench when intalling the stock screw back into the stock (I dont know the poundage to use). On my Remington I torque 68.
The ONLY other thing that I can think of may be an out of round Leupold front rings that are mounted on a Leupold one peice mount. I say that because a can see signs of finish wear on the front (scope tubes) that is not present on the rear.
Besides the mentioned issues, it still does not eject (it does extract).
Thanks