davemuzz answered your question right off the bat. But maybe you missed it? The main reason for aluminum bedding blocks is so we "don't have to glass bed the action" IMHO. But some people do it, "and" some people glue the action permently into the stock. Weather this is helpful or not is personal and subjective. When I first saw the Accustock, I thought "great idea, I have to have one". But now that I know what it is and does, it is just another "stock" stock, to be replaced when the funds permit. IMHO, the best action installation is the "stress free" method, but the Accustock works off stress. If I were to pick up a used Accustock rifle, I would ASAP replace it with a Boyds ThumbHole, or better. I have a B & C Medilast Tac/Varmint that cannot be improved on as far as mounting the action,IMHO. I have reshaped it a bit, to fit me, and a stock like this can be had for about $250, to your door. You can pay $500 plus for a Manners, or $1,000 plus for a "chassis" system, but neither will make the rifle shoot any better than my $250 investment, " as far as the stocks are concerned". The "Accutrigger" is a success, the "Accustock", not so much, IMHO. But, be a pioneer (it's already been done,I'm sure) and let us know how it works. Good Luck-Good Shooting