Sorry, Dave. I guess I dismissed the low load question b/c I was not at the bottom... Didn't mean to ignore.

Here's what I have and what I am doing:

It is a 26" Varmint Savage barrel. My routine is this:
Start with New Lapua Brass, Then after fire-forming, use Lee Collet Neck Sizing die only for 3-5 firings. Then I anneal, use RCBS FL die, and then neck size next 3-5 times before annealing again. Lately I've been trimming to 1.753 after neck-sizing every time.

Using Lapua Brass, 50 gr NBT's , 25.6 g Benchmark (Nosler book says 24.5 to 26.5) and Rem 7 1/2's. I've tried other powders, Benchmark's the best for me.

At 100 yds, I am getting .333 and better , sometimes even a .25 or better, but not sure if how consistently :)
-That was 'spose to be funny, BTW-

I don't have any examples of the fired brass to take a pic of, b/c I've cleaned them off prepping to reload. When I do, I'll post them. However, I don't know that it is a big concern of mine... I just noticed I get more powder residue on the shorter cases than on longer ones. But it was awhile ago when I made that observation, (I haven't even fired any of the longer ones in a while) I don't know how dramatic a difference it really is.

The only reason the question about case length came up was I had sent out a couple hundred for someone to anneal for me, got them back, and after I FL sized them, I started sorting them again by length... About 1/2 were at or a little above 1.753, the rest were closer to 1.756 and above... So there I was again, looking at a range of case length wondering if I should trim them all down to 1.753 or not...
If there was an advantage to keeping them long, I would not trim them all down so far. Then I remembered something about problems with bore or chamber if cut short... so I posted my question. Then Bill mentioned "crud" or fouling or whatever...

It's probably okay. Will post pics next time. But it will be Dec before I go to the range again. As you said in another post, it is DEER SEASON!