Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
What did you expect him to do, give you advice on how to fix it sight-unseen and open Savage up to a major liability lawsuit? Not gonna happen! He did exactly what he should have done - instructed you to send it back so one of their qualified gunsmiths could take a look at it and identify the root of the problem.
Did I say anywhere that I expected a problem with a firearm to be fixed over the phone? I said that I was disappointed there was not more information taking on the customer support's part. "Didn't ask for my particulars or serial number." not "didn't tell me how to fix it".

I expected, at the least, be asked for my name and contact information. Serial number of the firearm and proper documentation as to the reported problem, a few questions to further clarify the situation (type of ammo used, number of rounds, place it occured etc). And a RMA number so that the problem can be traced and referred to. Just like any other manufacturer receiving an item being sent back for warranty work.

Now I'm sending a rifle blindly back to the manufacturer who has no idea that my rifle is on its way back and what the problem is except what I wrote in a note. I sure feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Maybe I'm feeling a little disjointed because this is a firearm and not a toaster I'm sending back. I think a problem with a firearm should have been treated with more than a "oh just send it back with a note" response but that's just me.