I think I understand what you're getting at Nor Cal Mikie... Owning both a right (my wife's) and left hand Axis of the same model, it appears the main differences in the rifles is that the ejection port in cut on opposite sides, and the bolt is different. I'm sure that is an overly simplified observation, but works for my purposes here. On the surface it seems like a pretty simple idea, to just take a right hand stock cut a new bolt handle notch in it and you have a left handed stock. But, for those of us Lefties who would like a thumbhole stock, or a Monte Carlo style, or other variations, it's just not that simple. Everything would be on the wrong side of the stock. So, yes if we all wanted straight as a board plain stocks it would be just a simple matter of the company making an ambidextrous stock, or us just modifying a right handed stock to suit us. BTW... your "(not that I'll ever buy one)" comment makes it sound like you look down your nose at an Axis... Mine with just a couple of mods has already proven it can out shoot some very high dollar rifles at my gun club. Just sayin.