Quote Originally Posted by Baker6x6 View Post
First Post- Thought this would be the place to "introduce" myself.
My name is Ray and I live in NC. I have a 1940 .300 Savage Model 99. It has a Pachmayr "low-swing" scope-mount with Unertl 4x Hawk mounted. The sling is an Uncle-Mikes.. but I'm not sure when it was added. It was on the gun when I got it (used). This has been my deer-rifle since 1977. While it's no collectors dream, it's in very nice condition. I'm just beginning to get into these guns.. and found this site only yesterday.

I was interested in this gun, because my Grandfather and Mother both hunted with them. I remember taking my first deer in 1973 with Grandad's, in Titusville, Pa. It was only a 4-pointer... but was probably my most memorable. My mother took a dressed 220lb 10-point from on top our garage @ 305 paces (approx 220yrds) with her's. Grandad bought her rifle for her 16th birthday.
When I get back home (Erie, Pa), I will try to get serials and more info on each of their guns.
I also have a Stevens Model 311 series H, 16ga side-by-side... that I got for my 14th or 15th birthday. It's in good condition over-all, but I really scratched up the stock and forearm small-gaming with it (kids! no respect for their stuff!)..

To return back on-topic.. here's a couple pictures of my Lever.

I would like to find the correct rear site for it...

Ray
Ray - The EG in my previous post looked almost exactly like yours before I started working on it.

I still have the rear sight which I don't need because the new scope mount attaches in the rear sight dovetail, and, the original sight would be too low for the new front sight. If you want it shoot me a PM.