I just brought up my spreadsheet on that. And the average 5 shot velocity of the 25gr. Berger using 12.5gr. of H-335 was 3032fps. Not exactly "barn burning" for a .17 caliber. I believe I need to step it up to using H-110.

For example, using the same powder charge of 12.5 of H-335 for a 20gr. Berger I got an average of 3086fps. Again, not barn burner velocity…but excellent accuracy!!! OTOH, I purchased (at the time) the only available .17 bullet that I could find…which was the new Nosler 20gr. Varmagetton. I loaded these over 9gr of H-110 and got an average velocity of 3268fps (getting better) and excellent accuracy.

And….with out looking right now, I think the H-110 loads were near max, but not at 'em. I wouldn't hesitate to go up to maximum and I know a .5gr of powder in these little Hornet cases make a BIG difference in velocity. I doubt the increase in velocity would hurt accuracy….but then….that' why we go to the range first!!!

At this time of year I have enough loaded ammo to hunt with. Plus I don't have enough time to experiment more. So….I do have something to look forward to when hunting season is over!!!

Dave