DMaldonado93, I'm a new member to SavageShooters but have been shooting Savage for over 50 years. I too was concerned about a muzzle brake when I bought my .308 AXIS. I have a Dynacomp on my AR-10 (7.62x51) and it is primarily a flash suppressor, I wouldn't put it on a bolt gun. There's not much difference in the recoil with it on or off. I spoke with some pro circuit shooters at the Sportsman's Club and the recommended the Witt Machine. For your .308, which is a very light rifle, the Witt MB1 is perfect. I didn't have my barrel threaded so I bought the clamp-on model. It IS A COMPENSATOR! Just guessing, I'd say it reduced the recoil by about half or more. It's 416 stainless steel and has 5 ports. They have The range was pretty crowded when I put the first round through it and the shooters on the four benches on either side of me stopped shooting and asked me what I was shooting. It directs the gas out the sides and slightly to the rear a few degrees. It's the best $89 I've spent in a long while.