Quote Originally Posted by paul90 View Post
I have the Alaskan Brush Hunter in 338 win mag for moose in Canada. Need to modify the gun though as the blind mag is to slow to load in the field. Looking for a affordable way to modify it for dbm. The gun shoots great though. Had a hard time getting components to reload so only could get a box of factory shells Remington Ultra core lokt 225 gr psp for the hunting season. Only shot two shot groups to line it up to save shells, it shoot two rounds through the same hole at 100 yards and the other group was two through a nickel. Can't wait to work up a load for it. Only drawback with the gun for me is the blind mag.paul90

PTG is going to be releasing new bottom metal for AICS magazines for Savage. They are already listed on midwayusa but not available yet.

$110 for the bottom metal that is supposed to fit in a hinged floor plate stock (I think) with minor fitting. The AICS mags are expensive and only available for 223, 308 and 300 WM but I think the 300 winmag would probably work for 338 mag. The 5 round winmag magazine is $90 and the 10 rounder is $125.

Or you could go with a factory DBM setup which hold 3 rounds. Thats what I did but I have an older Action so I got a side button release setup.