Quote Originally Posted by sentinelfour View Post
Wish I could get a suppressor, badly. I've heard of people reloading with a minimal amount of powder and making loads of just a couple hundred FPS, well below sound barrier, and having extremely low reports with a suppressor.
SAFETY NOTE: What you have heard is not entirely accurate and could get you injured or worse:
As the robot in Lost in Space used to say: "Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!"

There is a lot more to subsonic loads than just putting a small amount of powder into a cartridge.
(Also most effective subsonic loads usually are a lot faster than just a couple hundred FPS.)

To everyone: Please do not attempt to develop subsonic or reduced loads until you have done a lot more research. The bottom line is that with the wrong powder and a light load, you run the very real risk of the powder detonating all at once, instead of burning at a controlled burn rate. The result can be catastrophic.

Please do NOT respond with anecdotal evidence about how your buddy or you were able to develop your super duper subsonic load. This is not a reloading thread.

To the OP: I am not attacking you personally, but partial knowledge can be dangerous. I felt that I needed to insert a safety note because of what you said you had heard. Subsonic load development certainly can be done, and done safely, but it involves much more attention to detail than perhaps you have been led to believe.

Now: back to the topic at hand.