Quote Originally Posted by Tightgroups
I only reload about 3 to 400 rounds a month, all 6BR, 22BR and 308, and I take my time, and try to make every round as close to the rest of the batch as possible. I do use a powder thrower, but set it about .3g light, then trickle every load on a Pack electronic scale, using my "load test weights" to check the scale after every 3 or 4 round.
I own two electronic and two beam scales, plus I have a set of certified test weights, I use to make my load test weights with, then check then on at least two different scales, and one will be a beam scale. So I know all loads are well within .1g down to .05g or better.
I also check every loaded round for its case, neck and bullets concentricity, and adjust any that are out over a few .000, and most end up under .001 run-out taken at the worst possible place, just back of the bullets meplet. If a loaded case is out say .002 at the front end of the neck, it will be out .010+ at the bullets meplet.
Of course I weigh all brass and bullets, and take a reading to the rifles lands every reloading day, and seat my bullets accordingly.
I know some will say I'm anal about all this, but I'm retired, its my hobby, I have the time, and I love it, and believe it shows up on the targets. I dont even mind doing the brass prep.
And am looking for some young guy, thats interested enough in shooting to come to my reloading room and ill teach him what I know about reloading for free, Ive been reloading since 1966. But its vary hard to find any young guy (Kid over 18) interested to learn. And that scares me about the future of this hobby.
Mike.
Where are you located Mike. I'd gladly learn! ;D