Thread: New Bullets for my Axis 308

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fgw_in_fla View Post
    I'd have a go at 3/10th of a gr up & down from your best groups. Then try it out a couple million times to see how it does. Once you've become fully OCD you can try different types of brass, seating depth, chant naked under a full moon - anything to make a one hole / 5 rounder...
    Nice shootin' kid.

PS - What kind of mortgage did you have to take out for those Barnes bullets?
    Heya Frank--was wondering where you were hiding out these days--hopefully at the range. Thanks for recommendations--though I'd prefer maybe cheerleaders doing the chanting thing in my stead, I don't want to scare every living thing within 100 miles off. : ) The LRX's are a bit stiff; I got them at my local reload store (about 90 cents each) but I pay the extra anyway cause I like the guys and they hustle extra hard to find and stock powder when no one else has it. I often get asked why I spend so much on things like premium bullets and brass. The obvious answer to anyone on this forum is that the perpetual search of perfection is half the OCD fun, though like you I get a certain rebellious and hedonistic pleasure out of showing up at the range with my $270 Axis and most of the time consistently shoot groups as good or better than anyone else there with their high-price jobs often wearing vortex scopes LOL.

PS--you forgot different powders as part of AROC (advanced reloader's OCD complex).
    PSS--Love the Lee crimps--I like the idea of uniform release pressures, something that is a bit tricky with the Barnes bullets with their triple cannelures. I've never been able to come close to groups like this with my TSX loads.

emphasis on "long"
    Last edited by thermaler; 10-18-2013 at 09:34 AM.
    [B][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Shooting--it's like high-speed golf[/COLOR][/B]