Going back to mr.relvolverguy's shooting of the 10TR, you TR just isn't cutting it. Anything over 1 inch at 100 yards is poor especially for handloads. Have you tried factory loads, such as Federal Gold 168 and 176 SMK's?

I am old, bad shoulder and more of a semi-auto pistol shooter, but after over 300 rounds of factory 308 ammo, my 10TR has NEVER shot over 1 MOA. Shot 126 grain Atomic low recoil, 147 Armscor (cheap stuff), 150 grain Norma, 168 GRN Hornady BTHP, and Federal Gold 168 and 176 SMK's. It does like the Hornady (0.18 MOA) and the Federal Gold 168 and 176 SMK's at about 0.2 to 0.3 MOA.

I agree the JP Enterprise is about the best muzzle brake available. Without it I could not shoot 10 rounds without severe pain. With it I typically shoot 40 rounds at each range session. I now have 4 rifles in 6.8 SPC II, two AR's and 2 Savages, all with 20 inch barrels. The 10TR with JP brake reduces recoil to LESS than the 7-8 pound Savages.

MrFurious, we all would like Savage Arms to have our "specials" information available to us to on the Savage web site. The web site doesn't recognize my serial number now.