Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post

The whole goal of a rest or bag is to immobilize the rifle as much as possible without having it negatively affecting it's ability to recoil naturally. That whole rest you've made will slide across the bench under recoil quite easily thus affecting the natural movement of the rifle (they will essentially move as one when recoiling rather than the rest remaining stationary while the rifle moves).
I've read some one say a Bi-Pod will affect the POI and that he'd usually use something else to stabilize with. If a Bi-pod affects the way the gun shoots, man this thing is 10x the effects of that.

I like the bags you recommend.

Actually my rest does not move (gets clamped to the bench). I built it originally with the intention of removing recoil from the equation.

And I tested it. It worked great at removing the recoil. Now even the hardest kicker I have, gets no kick other than a little vibration transfered to my shoulder. So this was great. The problem however is that the way it holds the rifle upon recoiling doesn't let the shots consistently hit in the same place. Also POI is much different than from the shoulder and I'm guessing for similar reasons.

So... no kick, but no accuracy either. I wouldn't use it to sight a scope in with. Didn't quite work as planned. I'd bet if I modify the front bracket to not interfere with recoil (it holds the forearm in place), things would be much more like what I was hoping for.