Thread: Vortex Viper PST 4-16 or 6-25?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by proline View Post
    I have never shot with a FFP but I have the SFP in the 6-24 viper pst but I sell both, and the FFP in the 6-24 pst is 3x thicker at full power.
    But I agree you have to know your equipment
    well there you go thats exactly what i was referring to.
    there would be others offering advice who never looked thru either let alone shoot with them.
    my son has a vortex viper 6x24 on a 338x378. it has a mildot reticle. time will tell how
    it will hold up. right now there are only about 125 rounds thru the gun. weve shot it to 1500 ydsand the reticle isnt an issue. in over 40 years of my doing this reticles have never been an issue.
    the issues are always shooter related which includes me. we all see things differently which is fine.
    but dont lose sight of what works and has been working for a very long time. about 3 years ago i bought a leupold vx3 3.5x10 with ao and target knobs from a friend who had owned it for about
    25 years for $350. it was in about mint condition appearance wise. i used it on my 6.5 short and it functioned well.
    i sent it back to leupold 2 months ago for a reticle change. they later called and said there was an internal problem they couldnt fix due to age and parts availibility. 2 days ago the ups truck delivered a new scope at no charge.
    how valuable is that knowing that type of warranty applies even for those who didnt originally purchase it.
    those type scopes can be bought on ebay for very reasonable prices. why would anybody buy a junk scope when oppurtunities like that are available.
    Last edited by yobuck; 10-17-2013 at 05:04 PM.