Quote Originally Posted by tiny68 View Post
Personally I have only purchased from vendors that did not jack up prices. I have a list of vendors that will never get my business again.... Unless I am very desperate. Chance favors the prepared person and I stocked up on components after the 2008 election. If you watch, pretty much everything is becoming available again. Except 22LR. Luck, Tim
Quote Originally Posted by eddiesindian View Post
thats a roger on remembering who jump,d on the "lemme stick it to ya" wagon.
Ive seen a couple of vendors stay the course and they,ll always get my money.
You all aparently have never had a retail business. I want you to stop for a moment and figure out how to solve this problem...

[A] You're having great difficulty in getting you customers product and have seen your supply drop by more than 70% (meaning that you probably get less than 1/3 of the product quantity vs when things were not so tough). You sell out of whatever product you do get as soon as the product is recieved (practically never even makes the shelves).

[B] Because you can't get product, your sales have dropped big time. You don't want to let employees go, but it's costing you big money to keep the doors open and you can't "furlough" the rent, utilities and other overhead.

So... how do you stay in business? You'd like to shift business to selling more guns, but the most popular ones have also had supply issues AND the other guns don't sell so well because ot the ammo shortage.

What do you do?

One answer is - raise prices to help cover your cost of doing business. If you can come up with a better answer, then I'm sure the LGS community will be very pleased to hear about it.