Thread: 10p-sr barrel diameter

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    M4J0R T0M
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterfpga View Post
    I went with ross schuler. Google the name or when i get back to a good signal area ill post it here. I told him the barrel diameter and the caliber and specifically asked for the exit hole to be reamed for .308 after he turned down the brake to match the barrel only cost me $45 shipped and ive seen nothing but great reviews.
    I stumbled across his info in another thread and checked out his website before. I emailed him a couple questions about the brakes since I had a couple concerns. My first concern was how to get the brake timed to my rifle since his brakes have the dedicated side flutes. I could always use a crush washer but that would look pretty stupid if you ask me. Ross suggested having it turned down on a lathe but I don't know anybody that could do that for me. The other thing I don't like is that they only come in a stainless finish. I will say that for the money it seems like a really good deal even if it takes some fitting and painting. I just need access to a machine shop.

Do you think I could safely/properly remove material from the brake using a disc style bench sander?

How did you time your brake? Do you have any pics of it installed? I'd love to see it.
    Last edited by M4J0R T0M; 10-13-2013 at 01:09 AM.