Hi everyone I'm a noob Savage owner..
Got my 270 today and shot the first 5 rounds before the rain come...
I took bolt out and looked through barrel and scope on a 25 yard paper target. 1st shot 1" right and 1 and 1/4" high. That was my first shot in over 20 years.. Gun is loud and kicks hard :D..

Moved on to a 100 yard target!
1st shot completely missed the target I figured it was the hard trigger and my in experience LOL..
2nd shot at 100yards I hit off paper on cardboard and guessed it to be 8 inches high. I felt I had a good shot this one so turned down my scope 32 Clicks!
3rd shot I hit 1 1/4 " right and 1/2" high Not bad at all if I do say so myself..! Turned scope left 4 clicks..
4th and final shot at 100 yards I was 1/4" high and 1" left. I expect i'm close to being dialed in and just need to practice.. :)

I ran a cleaning rod through barrel after each shot and cleaned and oiled when I got home. I plan to continue ths tell I get through a box or 2 of shells to break it in right!

I'm using the Bushnell Sharpshooter scope that came with the gun and was shooting off a coleman camping table with a grocery bag and jacket rest on front and a sweater on butt for a rest lol.. Yes it was pretty wobbly!

Overall I'm very happy with the gun so far except the trigger is tough and the recoil is hard on my 42yr old 145lb skinny frame.. I think I will be very happy with this rifle for years to come once I get a recoil shoulder pad and "maybe" change/tune the trigger... This is a hunting rifle so no plans to bed it or do to much to it.. Was worried about scope but so far its great..