Quote Originally Posted by davemuzz View Post

Plinkin....as far as the matte finish, these rifles are purpose made for varmint hunting. Sun glare (or at night, light glare or moon glare) is not good when your coyote or fox hunting. The matte finish is the best for this purpose made rifle.

MHO

Dave
Dave, I understand that but the Walking series in the 25 has always been matte finished and I feel it was partly because it is a price-point rifle in as much as it is lighter. I know the syntha-stock and 2" less barrel shed the weight but the syntha-stock & matte finish shed the cost too. The Axis and B.Mag are also price point rifles, same finish. I didn't whine about the finish on the B.Mag because the rifle is what it is and it is not a bad rifle for the new rim fire round. The Savage M40 Varminter, 22 Hornet, hi gloss finish and the laminate stocked M25's the same or were until January. I have 3 M25s and when I ordered my 22 Hornet I fully expected to get the matte finish and when I did not I was very pleased. I understand the idea of "purpose built" but I am fairly certain they didn't make this change because hunters were complaining the sheen on their rifle was a distraction. They did it to lower the manufacturing cost.