Quote Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
Here it is, next to a familiar object for size comparison.

(Click Image to see it larger )

The pill bottle contains an extra eyepiece for 13x.

My son commented that it would actually be cheaper and easier to reload .222 Rem or .223 Rem than to buy premium-quality .22lr target rounds.
that model would have originaly had a recoil spring. no doubt someone removed it for some reason.
without the spring the scope will move foward due to recoil after a shot. you will need to remind yourself to manualy
pull the scope back after the shot. some hunters left the spring loose feeling recoil would damage the scope if tightened.
your scope would have been a model primarily used by smallbore target shooters. the 2" models were the ones used by
hunters using heavy recoiling rifles. my son still uses one of our old 15x 2" ultra varmit unertles on a classic 40x rebarreled
to 6.5x06. but thats a different animal than the one you have. unertle scopes today bring high dollars on ebay. you might also
find a recoil spring and scope bases there. your scope would take target type bases whereas my sons uses posa bases which will
handle more recoil. my advise would be to list the scope on ebay and move foward with a newer scope. if your dead set on using it
i could probably find a couple scope blocks laying around. i would rule out using a savage with that vintage scope. the ultimate
choice would be a light barreled 52 winchester. a rem 513t would also make for an accurate and classic rig.