Thanks for the quick replies.

One problem with the "try another bullet" option is that high BC 6.5mm bullets are very hard to find these days. I have been trying to find Berger VLD 130/140 match bullets for 6 months now. Nada. Same with Hornady A-MAX 140s. I was able to locate/order 1000 Lapua Scenar 139s (Powder Valley) and 1000 Hornady 140 match BT bullets (Palmetto State) last week and they should arrive early next week. I know the LRP will shoot those bullets fine having shot 360 Corbon factory ammo (Scenar 139 bullets, Lapua 260 rem brass) before I started reloading. I also got a 100 pack of the Hornady 140 Match BT which I loaded/shot with the LRP when I was initially doing load development for the LRP. The LRP seems to like everything!

I would love to try Berger VLD 130s, but I don't foresee the opportunity anytime soon.

In fact, if I can't get the new McGowen barrel to shoot 140 grain bullets ok (<1 moa), it's going on the scrap heap. I will do the test to verify the 1:8 twist on the barrel. Given my experience so far with McGowen, I wouldn't be too surprised if it's not 1:8.

Doug