plinkin------for the most part yes----the firing pin works fine------we had trepidations going into this project about the firing pin, hammer spring pressure, chamber pressure and extractor--------we got lucky, however the simplicity of the action and lack of moving parts helped a great deal-------any other type of action would have its own problems------the only other work needed was because the larger case put additional pressure on the extractor/ejector and it had to be slightly relieved with a small dremel grinder wheel in order to function properly-------this proved to be easy as the extractor has plenty of meat -------I'm having a few issues with the action locking when closed up -------sometimes it seems I sometimes have to slam it shut to get it to lock--------but it had the same problem when it was a 17HMR------I will work on it--------a buddy is having his New England 17 Mach 2 done as we speak-------I looking for a 17 rimfire bbl to ream out for my TC contender------if you want more info on the reamer or my smith----send me a pm-----this new round is too cool-----I really like being able to hold crosshair near the top of a beer can and hit it solid at 200yds and still going so fast that the can rarely moves-------look out little varmints-------K