Really, at this point, I finally gleaned enough to answer my own questions. I expect nothing. Forgive me if I'm a slow learner. I was thinking closed mindedly about the Savage only. From the factory, mine has no cocking due to anything but the cocking ramp. The integral lug ramps do no cocking on mine. That had me bumfuzzled, but I'm not anymore. After the clue about the Model 70, I closely examined a couple of my other actions and I examined cutaways and prints of the 70 to realize what goes on in them. And, indeed, it's glaringly obvious once you know. And the fact remains that my solution is still working just fine, and it doesn't cost $125. And that sear resistance obviously isn't what it was implied to be earlier. What's troubling is that nobody seems interested at all. Guess their money isn't worth as much to them as it is to me. That or the select few that actually know anything about what I'm talking about, aren't speaking up. This site should be about more than just swapping barrels, triggers, and other components sourced from vendors....