Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymaster View Post
OK,
I read were Winchester had over 50 million 17 wsm rounds ready to go at the beginning of June.
Savage just released the B mag last week.
A post on Savage Shooters had a gentleman order a box from Sportsman Warehouse last week, they are now sold out.
A post today had a gentleman buy the last box at Cabelas somewhere ?
Gunbroker has some dealers with 1 or 2 boxes on auction for more than $50.00 a box each.
I see were 1 dealer is in Arizona, another in Ohio, and 1 in Missouri.
Midway - nothing available, expected in August.
Cabelas - nothing - not even listed on line yet that I can find, I just called them to verify, the do not have it listed.
Sportsman Warehouse nothing listed available online.
Bass pro - nothing listed.
Natchez - not available at this time .
I have been relitively calm with the 22lr, and 22 mag circus going on.
I am now starting to believe that there are games being played on the ammo market.
3 dealers have ammo for online auctions, and a smaller retailer had some, but none of the largest retailers have anything to ship/send out ?
WT_? Really, Joe Smoe in Ohio can get ammo, but Cabelas and Midway can not ? Come on.
I would really like to know how much 17 wsm ammunition Winchester has sent out, and to whom, so we all can know the "real" story.
FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish my Dillon could reload rimfire.
1st of all when I talked to a ammo tech / CSR at Winchester just before Memorial Day he told me they had ORDERS for 13 million rounds not 50 million. Then in the 2nd week of July Midway received and sold 20gr and then 25gr. Everyone that knew about it was confused that they didn't get any product arrival notice. I guessed that they received a mere 10,000 rounds. Yes I posted that I received some from Sportsmans Warehouse. I made the mistake of only buying one box. I then ordered 3 boxes from Cabellas and some extra stuff. I only received the extra stuff. :-(

I got in on the Midway deal for the 20gr but missed on the 25gr. I was hoping to find someone who had 25gr and wanted to swap for some 20gr. My rifle shoots 25gr better but not everyone's shoots 25gr better.