The 17 WSM debacle is just another example of the Gun industry putting itself out of business. Never before or since 1976 have I ever seen such shortages of ammo or guns. I look at Midway and a box of ammos is 14.00 and because they don't have it you see it all over gunbroker for 50.00 and up a box. This kind of gouging and greed is going to keep the shooting industry as many people have just lost interest. Look at 22 ammo it is 5 times the price it used to be and yet the factories are producing a million rounds a day. I have had a FFL since 1976 and have finally decided to give it up as it is just no fun anymore worrying about can I get 22 cal in stock or not that is just crazy yet if you are willing to be raked over the coals you can buy it. I am no fool and see the hand writing on the walls we the gun owners are going to put ourselves out of business and it will not take Obama to do it. He is sitting back in his easy chair laughing at how dumb we are. We have killed the entry level gun and caliber for most young people and without the new blood we will eventually cease to exist, as who can go out and afford to target shoot for over 1.00 a round for a lot of ammo now. The horders are sucking it all up with no concern for the day to day shooters who are not worried about the end of the world but just want to target shoot a day without having to go to the bank for a mortgage to shoot a couple hundred rounds.